The Christmas SPIRIT Foundation recognizes the outstanding contributions of others through the annual Christmas SPIRIT Awards, which honor exceptional efforts to advance the true spirit of Christmas.
Interested in nominating someone for the 2013 National Christmas SPIRIT Award? Please use our online nomination form
. Nominations are being accepted through June 15, 2014. See the bottom of this page for general information about the award program and nominating criteria.
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2012 Christmas SPIRIT Awards, which were announced August 10, 2013.
- Linda Schneider, Phoenix, Maryland, Individual SPIRIT Award
- Barb Maharta, Chilli Senior Center, Community SPIRIT Award
- David Engle, MacDill Air Force Base, Military SPIRIT Award
- Peter Mahoney, Mahoney's Garden Centers, Industry SPIRIT Award
- Stokoe Farms, Scottsville, New York, National SPIRIT Award
National Christmas SPIRIT Award Criteria
In 2014, CSF will only distribute one award, the National Christmas SPIRIT Award, to a worthy candidate. The National Christmas SPIRIT Award is given to an individual, group or company who has given their time, talents or dollars to display a spirit of giving and advance the Christmas spirit nationwide. The recipient may have worked to make a difference in his or her community, nation or world or substantially contributed to the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation.
- A 2013 nomination form will be available on the website from Jan. 1 - June 15, 2014 or you may download the paper nomination form to fill out and return to Lauren Mangnall via fax, email or mail no later than June 15.
- An individual, organization, group or business must be nominated by someone other than themselves through the submission of a nomination form. Anyone may submit a nomination form. Anyone may submit a nomination form.
- The individual, organization, group or business must have displayed a spirit of giving through time, talents or money.
- The nominee should have made a direct, positive impact in his or her community, the nation or the world by working with the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation or by assisting another charity or person(s) in need.
- The individual, group or company should have gone above and beyond the usual realm of good deeds in their actions to further the Spirit of Christmas.
- The CSF Award winner will be announced on July 26 at the Michigan/Mid-America Regional Event, after the conclusion of the National Tree & Wreath Contests
- The Board of Trustees will appoint a panel of judges.
- Decisions of the judges are final.