The Christmas SPIRIT Foundation recognizes the outstanding contributions of others through the annual Christmas SPIRIT Awards, which honor exceptional efforts to advance the true spirit of Christmas.
Interested in nominating someone for the 2012 Christmas SPIRIT Awards? Please use our online nomination form
. Nominations are being accepted through April 15, 2013. See the bottom of this page for general information about the awards program and nominating criteria.
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2011 Christmas SPIRIT Awards, which were announced August 10, 2012.
- Michelle Fortier, Individual SPIRIT Award
- Crystal Brumbaugh, Community SPIRIT Award
- Cathy “Cat” Monroe, Military SPIRIT Award
- Steve Drake, National SPIRIT Award
- Sean Elkin (Searchlight Interactive), Industry SPIRIT Award
Christmas SPIRIT Awards Criteria
There are up to five total Christmas SPIRIT Awards:
Community Award: The Community Award is given to a community group that has displayed a spirit of giving, as well as furthered the spirit of Christmas.
Industry Award: The Industry Award is given to a member of the Christmas Tree industry who has displayed a spirit of giving and has helped to advance the Christmas spirit. Ideally, this person will have supported CSF with their time, talents or dollars.
Individual Award: The individual award is given to an individual who has displayed a spirit of giving as well as furthered the spirit of Christmas.
Military Award: The military award is dedicated to a member of the military, family, or group located on a military installation. The award recipient will have displayed a spirit of giving and will also have advanced the spirit of Christmas. An example might be an MWR contact at a base who went above and beyond to make Trees for Troops a huge success.
National Christmas SPIRIT Award: The National Christmas SPIRIT Award is given to an individual, group or company who has given their time, talents or dollars to display a spirit of giving and advance the Christmas spirit nationwide. The recipient may have worked to make a difference in his or her community, nation or world or substantially contributed to the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation.
- A 2012 nomination form will be available on the website from Jan. 1 - April 15, 2013. Or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636/449-5060 to receive a copy of the form.
- An individual, organization, group or business must be nominated by someone other than themselves through the submission of a Christmas SPIRIT Awards nomination form. Anyone may submit a nomination form.
- The individual, organization, group or business must have displayed a spirit of giving through time, talents or money.
- The nominee should have made a direct, positive impact in his or her community, the nation or the world by working with the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation or by assisting another charity or person(s) in need.
- The individual, group or company should have gone above and beyond the usual realm of good deeds in their actions to further the Spirit of Christmas.
- Award winners will be announced by August 31 annually.
- Awards will be presented at appropriate locations decided by the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees will appoint a panel of judges.
- Decisions of the judges are final.